Hands up if you’re a small business owner or thinking about starting a business?
Great – I run a small business too, so I know exactly where you’re at.
My name is Narelle and I’m the founder of Abstract Business Advisors. Thanks for stopping by!
There are a couple of reasons I decided to start my own business:
- Firstly, I realised that small business owners were looking for simple and effective guidance, and solutions to their everyday business problems. I knew I could help.
- Secondly, and most importantly, I simply enjoy talking, meeting and working with other small business owners. They’re innovative, hardworking and inspirational.
In a way, I started on this path when I launched my own bookkeeping business, at 18 years old. I operated that business for just over 5 years, then spent the next 15 years working in corporate environments and studying to be an Accountant.
Last year, I decided I need to expand my horizons, so I started a gifting business. Facilitating acts of kindness was fun, but I realised that what I loved the most about the work was meeting and talking to other small business owners – and helping them.
How do you help small businesses?
My corporate experience has given me an insight into how successful businesses scale and grow. My accountancy qualifications mean that I always work with one eye on the bottom line. And, my strategic understanding gives me the ability to see the best way to forge a path ahead. I love sharing my experience, and I love seeing the results when my advice is implemented. So, I decided that this would be my new business – advising and helping small businesses launch, develop and prosper. Abstract Business Advisors was born.
It seems funny that I’ve gone full circle and ended up back at my original business. But this time, as my skills have evolved over the years, so have my service offerings. I can still balance your books, but I can also complete your board reporting and run the numbers to evaluate your performance and generate a plan for maximising your profit.
In this blog, I’ll be sharing what I know with you. I’d love you to jump on and comment if you’ve got questions or info to share, too.
So, what kind of topics will the Abstract blog cover?
In short, anything and everything small business related, including:
- Tips to get your business off the ground and take it to the next level
- Insights into to other small businesses and their experiences (both the good and the bad) that have led them to building a successful enterprise
- Regulatory updates and statutory requirements that affect you and your biz
- Business growth strategies
- Software reviews and suggestions on how different platforms can assist in creating efficiencies and increasing profitability, and much, much more.
If you would like read about something in particular or contribute to an article please reach out to me at email@example.com. I’d love to hear from you.
I would also like to thank a handful of very talented business owners who assisted me with putting this website together and my re-branding. Without your help, it would have been a much longer process and there may have been a lot more wine consumed!
Website Copy – Whizbang Writing Solutions. Liz definitely made good on her promise and made me sound as good as I am!
Website – Samgarden. Sam specialises in websites for women and assisted no end with all those little techy things that were beyond me.
Branding – Acqua Design Services. Tash nailed the brief I gave her first time and was a pleasure to deal with.
All round advice – Ilka. Ilka was a interior designer in a past life and assisted me with ensuring my branding and website were just right. Ilka and I have been friends for close to 20 years and I know I can rely on her honest opinion and valuable advice. PS Ilka is now the proud owner of You Me Berlin and handcrafts jewellery right here in Perth (you will often see me showing off her latest pieces).
Abstract Business Advisors